In 2003, The Saigon Institute of Technology (SaigonTech) entered into a Partnership Agreement with Houston Community College (HCC) to jointly offer courses for HCC credit that will apply to the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees in Computer Science Technology and Computer & Information Science Technology.
The Partnership Agreement contractually commits SaigonTech to delivering courses offered by the Computer Science Technology Department at HCC and under this contract SaigonTech students will be awarded credit on their HCC credit for their workforce work the same way as the HCC students who take the courses at HCC in Houston. All other courses will be transferred to HCC following the evaluation and approval of SPANTRAN, an HCC-approved foreign transcript evaluation agency.
In effect, this contractual process will allow SaigonTech students to earn an HCC degree while they earn their SaigonTech degree.
HCC hereby agrees:
- To provide curriculum models for identified degree programs.
- To accept all the credit hours earned by students at SaigonTech towards an AAS degree at HCC under the terms of this Contract.
- To provide model course syllabi appropriate to each degree program being offered at SaigonTech.
- To assist in providing listings of the required textbooks and instructional materials for instruction.
- To evaluate examination procedures and results for quality control.
- To provide continuing counsel, advice, and direction on all matters concerning the degree program.
- To inform SaigonTech, on a timely basis, of all curricula and other changes that may affect the program.
- To pursue possible development of other degree programs with SaigonTech.
- To accept students from SaigonTech who have completed all required semester hours of course work with grades of "C" or better as candidates for AAS degrees at HCC. These students must have one of the following scores: a SAT score of 1,070 or higher with minimum section scores of 550, an ACT score of 23 or higher and established acceptable minimum section scores, or a passing score on the TASP. Accepted students can take (1) instructor-led courses taught on one of the HCC campuses in Houston, Texas, USA; (2) instructor-led courses taught by SaigonTech faculties in Vietnam; or (3) existing distance-learning courses originating from HCC with proper supervision from well-trained assistants in Vietnam.
- To provide regular and appropriate information to SaigonTech concerning the academic progress and performance of their former students while those students attend HCC.
- HCC will support a faculty exchange program that is mutually agreeable to both institutions.
On May 12th, 2006, HCC has agreed to allow SaigonTech to offer Certain Academic courses and Workforce courses in Business Administration. Since then, both parties have been working enormously to reach the final agreement for full Business Administration programs to be conducted at SaigonTech. The official deadline is planed to be in October 2007.