“If this small support can make an impact on your life, we hope you can pay forward” is the message SaigonTech Alumni Financial Aid program wishes to spread. The purpose of this student aid fund is to assist qualified, deserving students who can benefit from further education, but who lack financial resources to continue their education.
The idea of establishing this SaigonTech student aid fund was generated by SaigonTech alumni, who have a heart for underprivileged students and have decided to “pay forward” to SaigonTech next generations. This newly founded fund, however, starts with modest cash accumulation, and therefore can financially support only one student at a time. We hope that the spirit of this fellowship is appreciated, and maintained by generations of SaigonTech students.
SaigonTech Alumni Financial Aid is expected to be officially launched in the upcoming Spring 2018 semester. The financial aid award terms and conditions are listed below.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible to receive student aid, you must
- be enrolled in a SaigonTech program as a full time student
- accumulate at least 12 credits of AAS program
- be hard-working but economic disadvantaged
- actively participate in extra-curricular activities
- posess good conduct during your study
- DURATION AND LIMITATIONS OF AWARDS
- One student at a time, during the whole study program untill graduation
- 3,000 USD/semester
Applicants must meet both conditions below:
- Having Cum GPA of AAS 3.0 or higher
- Passing a screening interview
- Application package:
(1) Application letter by the applicant
(2) Two letters of recommendation by instructors
- Submission: Registrar’s Office, R.B06
- The financial aid is nominative, NOT transferrable, and NOT converted into cash. Applicants are not eligible for any incentives from other SaigonTech’s programs.
- Students are committed to completing the AAS program at SaigonTech.
- The financial aid is renewed each semester, based on the maintenance terms and conditions. (See below.)
- The program provision is based upon present conditions of the student aid fund. It is thus subject to change and/or adjustment.
- MAINTENANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The awardee must observe all SaigonTech’s rules and regulations.
- The awardee must comply with SaigonTech’s schedules and study plan.
- The awardee must fully participate in all (compulsory) activities/events, actively participate in extra-curricular activities at SaigonTech and have a positive impact on other students.
- The awardee must register at least 15 credits in Spring and Fall semesters, and 12 credits in Summer semester.
- The awardee must maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA of AAS program and must have no course grades below C.
- The awardee cannot skip any semester of college; and/or cannot enrol in any other colleges/university during his/her SaigonTech study.
The award is renewed every semester, based on the student’s academic performance and conduct, each status is defined with the required action listed below.
- Good standing: Adherence to all (1) - (6) above-stated
- Probation: First violation of any (1) - (5) above-stated
- Suspension: Second ‘probation’
- Termination: Any of the 3 cases below
- Case 1: Violations of (1) concerning Academic Dishonesty Policy and/or violations of (6) above-stated
- Case 2: Second ‘suspension’ in 2 consecutive semesters
- Case 3: Third ‘suspension’
- MODE OF OPERATION
- SaigonTech will select one best candidate meeting all the criteria mentioned above. The selected aid awardee must comply with the terms and conditions of aid award.
- The student aid fund is “closed” during the provision to the selected student.
- The student aid fund is “open” when the offer is available. The availability is notified to all students.
- CONTACT DETAILS
SaigonTech Registrar’s Office
Address: SaigonTech Tower, Lot 14, Quang Trung Software City, District 12, HCMC
Phone: 028 – 37155033Website: www.saigontech.edu.vn